Thursday, August 12, 2010

I really want to read slush. Also, updates.

I'm unreasonably eager to find a job with a poetry journal or magazine.  Reading the slush pile.  For free, probably.  I know, I should see a doctor.  But I'm not sure where to start looking.  So if you guys know of any place that's in the market, especially one near Northern Kentucky/Southern Ohio/Eastern Tennessee, hook a brother up.

Updates:


  • Still doing my thing at Public-Republic.
  • Writing for, and generally thinking about We Who Are About to Die.  Check it out. Great stuff.
  • Beginning to start the application process for grad school (which means, so far, that I've cleaned off my desk so I have room to work).
  • Taking an online grant writing course with ed2go (consensus?  Cheap, and I'm learning.  Might have been cheaper to get Grant Writing for Dummies, but having deadlines and assignments is helpful, as well as a person to ask questions of).
  • Beginning to sort of help the Ink Tank write grants.
  • Working on lesson plans, or whatever I need to work on, to start leading workshops on poetry for the InkTank.


This means that a lot of things I'd like to do, such as read all my email, or read a lot more, are getting pushed back.

It's times like these where I want to bemoan the fast paced nature of the modern world, and watch a commercial about how busy being a mom is and nod my head emphatically (ignoring that I am not a woman, nor have a child), and generally just, you know, sigh a lot.

But I think the reality is that none of us are half as busy as we think.  I'm up-to-date with True Blood, for instance.  And Mad Men.  Pretty much every day, I see reruns of court shows (which means I've already seen them all once).  I lay on my couch a lot.

There are people in the world who know busy.  I don't know busy, and even when I do, it's really not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment