Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Where does the time go?

So many things have happened, and yet I'm positive I'll forget the majority of them.

I read at GSA. It was awesome, the kids were so enthusiastic. It's amazing how high school was so horrible for me that I forget that it's possible to be an unmiserable teenager. I love what the people at GSA are doing, and you can tell every kid there loves it too.

I also got to meet both Kelly Norman Ellis and Ellen Hagan yesterday. AND got to hear them perform. Damn. Maybe when an Affrilachian Poet gets too good, they have to move to another state and hold that state down.

Got fourth place in the Covington City Lights poetry slam which my friend Sam put together single-handedly (as far as organizing goes).

I got published in Appalachian Heritage. I won the Danny Miller award for essay writing. Which is awesome, and I can't wait for it. It was one of those things where you feel like you just HAVE to win. I would have loved to have won for my poetry, but someone else beat me. Guess I'll have to wait until the event to see who.

I have been writing at least one poem every day since April. Recently, a second, Twitter poem. 140 characters or less. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it's quite a challenge, and that's good. Studying vocab regularly too. I want to ace the GRE and get myself into exactly the school I want. Or exactly one of my top 5 choices. haha.

And I've gone jobless. For far too long. Next thing on my ever-growing to-do list. Anyone got anything literature or writing related?

No comments:

Post a Comment